Sunday, August 12, 2007

Adrenaline Junkie

I didn't get my nap today. I've been very busy with business initiatives. The entire day was spent discussing and finalizing packages for Club Entrepreneur members and licensees. Its not everyday that you get to be part of a growing organization thats officially going national. I also spent a great deal of time this weekend reading books and working out some of the opportunities for my business, RPM'S.

The surprising thing is, even with all the exciting things going on in my life I don't seem to be as excitable anymore. Almost as if I have a high tolerance for adrenaline. Being a part of Club Entrepreneur is one of the most amazing opportunities I've ever had. The people I've met through it alone are priceless, and they're my friends! Working on my business, RPM'S, has brought a lot of light into my life as well. The people I've met and the things we will accomplish are on a grand scale.

Most people my age still have no idea what direction their lives are going. And if we were to trade places I'm sure their heads would explode from the shear intricacies of it all. Yet, I just go about my days rarely feeling the rushes of excitement that I used to when I first started. There are moments, but not nearly as many. And I don't lose as much sleep as I used to either. This might be because I've matured a bit with the life-style I've chosen. I'm able to handle the stresses better, and focus more on the goals, etc. But I'm not sure I'm happy about that.

The rushes of excitement, and loss of sleep (maybe unhealthy) were what kept me going. And I'm still going, but feel like I need more pick-me-ups than usual. Its not doubt, and its not fear, its just... too normal. I wrote before about getting reenergized by reading books, creating vision boards, and posting goals. But I've done that. I practice it. Its a part of my life. Its like I need another "hit" - a piece of the next big thing. I'm in a constant "go go go" mode, and thats now become the norm. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore, disappointments only become opportunities, and I sleep well at night.

I'm going to finish building these businesses (Club Entrepreneur, and RPM'S). They will be GREAT, and possibly change the world. However, I'm also on the lookout for the next opportunity. I need it, a bit of change in my life, something new to get the blood flowing even faster. Bring it on... I want more.

1 comment:

Francine Hardaway, Ph.D said...

Merlin, you should FOCUS!!!! Club E can be very big, as can RPMS, but if you take your eye off the ball to start still a third thing, nothing will really happen.

Your loving professor :-)