Sunday, June 3, 2007

Prune Juice Please

This is a personal blog of my week. I find myself frequently laying around and reflecting on my week, every Sunday. I decided after a long and refreshing nap to start recording my thoughts. I know a few bloggers and they always say I should be blogging. I just could never decide what the hell to blog about! Well, now I've found something, and the time to do it. My vision for this blog is to describe my ad-ventures, people I meet, and reflections of feelings, etc... The mushy stuff.

The idea came to me while talking on the phone with my business partner, Toby. Usually when I'm bored or can't find anything to do I'll call him. We live pretty far apart, and business aside I don't see him often. As of late we have been exchanging updates via phone or email on our progress to get our business of the ground. Everyday now I have been eagerly trying to move forward into a launch. Our business, for those unaware, is Responsible Partying Made Simple. We have been working on the model for over a year now, and are ready to spring into action. This is our first venture together and there has been a gigantic learning curve. That is partially to blame for the slowed progress. Now, with all the information and knowledge we have, I'm starting to get antsy. I know what to do, how to do it, but spent all my money figuring that out. I know what to say, how to present the idea, and have loads of support, but we're on a tight bootstrap budget. This tends to turn into a rant, and always closes the same way. So, I will get into this another Sunday, after a different nap.

I want my business to exist to help Arizona, and the nightlife crowd, but thats not all. I have a great deal of angst to finally start a successful business. I've been in the entrepreneurial field for almost 2 years now. I have been in the mindset my whole life. I just recently found a name for it. - The bug bit me a while back, but the symptoms just started to show :) - For as young as I am I have made a great deal of progress in the field. I have an awesome network of people and access to knowledge some would die for. But I want to put it to use! I feel like I've done a lot of talk, but not enough action. - Granted I've done a lot to get my business to the stage it is at. That alone is an achievement, I know. - Within myself though, I feel like its time to shit or get off the pot, except I super glued my ass to the seat, and ate too many peanuts.

If I only had a glass of prune juice.

I relentlessly push forward, and we're excruciatingly close to launch. I feel like it will only take one more push and we can finally hit the fan! (I need to get that website finished) I've been mentally preparing myself for all the things that come with running and owning a business. I've listened to stories and taken notes on the do's and dont's. I subscribe to a verity of blogs on small business management, and business guides. I don't necessarily find them very helpful because they don't all fit my business or situation. I do take time to read the ones that truly apply, and at least try to understand the others in a generalize context. The golden information is from the people I know, and stories of my friends' businesses. I enjoy helping them with their business issues, its fun. But I'd like to return the favor and give them some of my issues to solve.

Soon enough I will succeed in this launch. Then it will be time to take on the next challenges, and the other ventures! It is quite an addicting lifestyle, but its the best way to get a high. I am constantly re-energized by everyone I know in the field. We share great passion for what we do, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

1 comment:

Corey Kossack said...

I love the prune juice analogy