Friday, June 8, 2007

Not Sunday, Are the rich stupid?

We have all seen the rich purchase ridiculous products for the sake of fads, but I think this site takes the cake for me.

Lifestyle Pets Inc. - Cats

Ever wanted a $22,000, 30 lbs, domestic "special breed" leopard? Well congratulations, you can now get one. This is the classic use of gene-splicing, breeding that rich consumer geniuses love! If you have too much money and need a huge cat (that might eat children) for your home, call Lifestyle Pets Inc.

You know right off that is for the rich because you name is Lifestyle Pets, so of course you're going to have to "afford" something. But honestly... why? Isn't it enough people get attacked by wild cougars/mountain lions jogging the scenic paths surrounding their $3 MM dollar homes? Why bring them into your house?!?!

This cat, Ashera, is a breed of the "exotic blend" of African Serval and Asian Leopard Cat. For an extra $6000 you can even have the kitten shipment expedited! And soon to come, specialized small breed of dog! Because everyone needs a purse-pup like Paris Hilton.

I'll give Lifestyle Pets Inc this much... They used science to create a really interesting (but potential dangerous product) and have a really awesome website to sell it on. I just don't see the point. No one needs a big cat, nor does anyone need to pay that much for it.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I haven't been able to create a "need" for a ridiculous product that sells for an exorbitant amount of money.

No comments: